Sunday, October 08, 2006

Another Ten Keywords Related to My Study:

*Ambient Sound*: The natural sound present in any location. This links to my study, as there is a lot of natural sound in my chosen text, e.g. cars passing etc. It will be helpful for me to use this keyword when talking about sound in my text.

*Big Ten*: The Ten major Hollywood Film Studios-One of them being "DreamWorks" This links to my study as one of the big ten is the insitution for my Text.

*Connotation*: A meaning attribubate to an image beyond the obvious denotational level.
There is a lot of connotations in my chosen text. e.g. the football which is always seen can be seen as one of them.

*Cross Genre*: More than one genre-hybrid. Personally, I feel my text consists of more than one genre, e.g. chick film and comedy.

*DreamWorks*: Founded by Steven Spielberg etc in 1994. I will be researching more into this insitutition, as it is the insitituion for my text.

*Sexism*: Representation that discriminate on the basis of sex, especially aganist women.
This is a keyword to my study, as i will be investigating how women's roles have changed, this directly links to sexism as it shows how women were/probaly still are being discriminated.
*Subjective Shot*: A type of shot in which the camera is postioned as if looking at the world through the subject's eyes. We seen this type of shot take place a number of times in "She's the man" due to the narrative being from Viola's point of view.
*Stereotype*: The social classification of a group of people by identifying common characteristics and universally applying them in an often oversimplified and generalised way. This links to my study, as i will be talking about the typical stereotype of women in historical text and society. And then i will be comparing it to other stereotypes.
*Teen Movie*: A film directed at a target audience of teenagers and addressing specfic teenage interests. I feel "She's the man" can be seen under this genre. Due to the target auidence and the issues of which are addressed in this film can be linked to the keyword.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home